Saturday, December 1, 2012

Ricotta-Pesto Pizza

This recipe sort of came about by accident. We have a picky eater that needs to gain some weight and some times the things I try with her work and some times they don't. Most recently I tried stirring ricotta cheese into her yogurt. She wasn't a fan. So I had a tub of ricotta leftover. I had also recently purchased a jar of sun dried tomato pesto with no real plan for it either. I wondered if I could make something with them together. I Googled the two items together and the top two recipe ideas that came up were either a pasta dish or pizza. We are currently staying with my grandparents as we travel and she wanted to make pizza one night, so I decided to try it with that. To make Ricotta-Pesto Pizza you need:

Crust - ours was ready made dough
Pizza Sauce - optional
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup pesto
Mozzarella cheese
Toppings - I used grape tomatoes cut in half
Freshly grated parmesean
Oregano

I wasn't sure if it really needed pizza sauce but I thought it couldn't hurt so I added a very thin layer. I ended up being glad that I did add it as it tasted pretty good. Then I mixed the ricotta and pesto together and spread that on in a slightly thicker layer.
 Next, top your pizza with mozzarella and your other toppings. Half of this pizza also has ground beef and pre-cooked peppers and onions. Finally, top with oregano and grate some parmesan on top. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or whatever your crust directions say.
 Cut and enjoy!
Do you like pesto?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think or see pictures of anything you make from what you see here!