Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Felt Bow Hair Bow Pin Test

I saw this darling picture tutorial on Pinterest and pinned it, but when I went to check it out, there was no link. I tried looking up what was written on the pictures, "finn's table", but nothing came of it. Sooo, here's how I made them, following the pictures of course.
First, I made my pattern. I folded a piece of card stock in half and drew what best resembled what was in the picture to me.
When I cut them out they reminded me of mustaches! You will only need half as much of the bottom one.
Next, pin your patterns to your felt and cut out your pieces, one of each for each bow. Starting with the top one, fold both side in to the middle so that they slightly over lap and hot-glue or sew in place.
Next, glue/sew this side down onto the next piece that looks like a rainbow.
Next, take the rectangle piece and wrap it around the middle. If you wish to attach a hair tie, glue it to the back before you wrap the piece around. Glue/sew the rectangle piece down.
Lastly, I chose to glue alligator clips onto the back instead of hair ties, more versatile in my opinion. Make them in every color! Two would be cute on pig tails!
These were my Christmas presents for my cousins. I hope they liked them!

2 comments:

  1. I am doing the same thing searching for this tut... Your bows look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I was searching for Finn's Table too.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think or see pictures of anything you make from what you see here!