Monday, December 3, 2012

Hello Kitty Tulle Bow

When I started making this I was going an entirely different direction. I had intended to make this:
Some zealous pinner must not have know what they were talking about as this was NOT possible with tulle. AND, tulle and wire ribbon are two very different things. N-E-ways . . . 

I did end up with something that was really easy and that I really liked. I started with a roll of tulle that was about 4-6 inches wide. I folded the end in half and stuck it in a book. Then I started wrapping it around the book.
Next, cut a piece of tulle about 6 inches long. Then I slid my wrapped tulle off of the book and tied the short piece around the middle so that it looked like a bow.
It was at this point that I realized 1) the fan step from the tutorial above was not going to work and 2) I liked it how it was. It reminded me of Hello Kitty's bow. My mom and I have a recent obsession with Hello Kitty so I was actually quite happy about this.
 At this point I snipped my loose ends and glued it down to a piece of felt. I glued a hair clip to the back of that and I was done.
This would be the perfect bow to use to re-create this sweater. I might make it a T-shirt instead as I'm not too big on over-sized clothes. We shall see.
What do you think of Hello Kitty everything? (Just take a look in the small appliance department at your local Target if you don't know what I'm talking about.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think or see pictures of anything you make from what you see here!