Monday, December 3, 2012

Copy Cat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Pin Test

This is the Hubs' all time favorite Olive Garden dish. He can make a soup, salad and bread sticks lunch really worth the $7. So when I came across a pin with the recipe I knew I would be making it soon. The recipe came out great. You can find an ingredient list and instructions here at Get Crocked.
The recipe calls for link or crumbled sausage. I think I would use crumbled next time for more flavor.
I tried to cut my potatoes just like they do at Olive Garden. Might go slightly thinner next time!
The results were delicious and tasted a lot like the original. The recipe does not call for any salt and I think I would add some next time but you can also just salt your bowl. This was one of those soups that actually tasted better the next day. If you need something that you can make ahead of time this is a good recipe. It also froze well.
What restaurant has your favorite soup?





3 comments:

  1. Huh, I use ground sausage. Is this tastier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nevermind, I promise I read it, but somehow missed that portion! Longhorn has my favorite soup! French Onion! and Ruby Tuesdays has my next fav, broccoli Cheddar (trust me, it is way better than then Panera, even though Panera is pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zuppa is my favorite soup and soup is my favorite food (if it can even be considered a "type" of food". :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think or see pictures of anything you make from what you see here!