Sunday, January 20, 2013

Style: Skirts and Stripes

I came across this inspiration photo while surfing Polyvore one night and just fell in love with the color pallet! I loved it so much I put this outfit together the next day. I had been wanting to try this silhouette, shirt tucked into a full skirt with a wide belt, but wasn't sure I could pull it off. I'm glad I did because I loved this look. It made me feel like I belonged in "Roman Holiday" with Audrey Hepburn. I loved it so much in fact, that when I found a similar J. Crew inspiration photo, I tried it again!
I just switched the shapes on this one from full on top to full on bottom. I have to admit though, I was not loving the flip flops with it and I did switch to a different pair of sandals. I wonder if I'm outgrowing my flops? At least until summer maybe!

Outfit 1
Top: Target
Tank: Wal-mart
Skirt: Vanity Fair
Hair Flower: DIY
Earrings: Target
Necklace: Part of high school choir outfit
Belt: Cold Water Creek Outlet
Shoes: Payless

Outfit 2
Shirt: Target
Tank/Skirt: Wal-mart
Jewelry: Flea Market
Belt: Gift
Shoes: Payless

Would you wear a full skirt with a belt and tucked-in shirt?

Inspiration photos: PolyvoreJ. Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think or see pictures of anything you make from what you see here!