Monday, January 14, 2013

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have made these before and really liked them because of their simplicity, but when I wanted to have a friend over for lunch that is allergic to wheat (Celiac Disease), I realized that these were perfect! Even her husband, who is not a fan of gluten free stuff, really liked them! They are so easy to make as well. I had to double check the recipe before I made them and I found it here. It only takes 5 ingredients, 4 if you don't want the chocolate chips.
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda (or 2 tsp. baking powder)
Chocolate chips - as much as you like

Mix your first four ingredients and then add your chocolate chips to taste. Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.
I think the most surprising thing about these is the texture. They really don't come across as a flour-less cookie! Do you have any gluten free recipes that you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think or see pictures of anything you make from what you see here!