Monday, October 22, 2012

Wendy's Copy-cat Chili Pin Test

We love chili, and Wendy's chili is up there on the top of our favorite fast foods list. This was the perfect recipe to try with the sort-of cold weather coming on. It's another Pin-test from this website. The recipe sounded simple enough and I didn't mind buying chili powder and cumin to add to my cupboard. I did omit the celery however because we were about to go out of town and the recipe only called for a few stalks. I had also intended to cut the recipe in half but ended up still using the full amount of some ingredients. Here is what I used:
Bag of Kidney Beans, cooked
A little less than a lb. of Ground Beef (we cut a 5 lb. roll into 6 pieces)
Whole Onion
Can of Pinto Beans
Can of Petite Cut Tomatoes
Can of Tomatoes and Green Chilies (cheaper that buying the chilies by themselves)
A 15 oz Can of Tomato Sauce
1 teaspoon Cumin
4 teaspoons Chili Powder (I read it wrong the first time)
Garlic Powder
Salt
Pepper
1 cup homemade chicken stock (instead of water)
It turned out great! We had enough for several meals, I brought some to a friend and we still froze a serving! My husband liked it with a little cheese.


1 comment:

  1. The Chili was super yummy! We ate dinner for two nights on it. I am going to try it but with low salt cans and ground turkey, We may even forgo the meat all together. I will let you know how it comes out.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think or see pictures of anything you make from what you see here!