Monday, October 22, 2012

Denim Shirt Remake

 I have had this shirt for about 3 years now. I got it at an end of the season sale and wore it all through my pregnancy with my daughter. I really wanted to get a new chambray shirt this year, but then I remembered this one in my closet. It's great for the summer, but not very versatile. I was also never 100% sold on the military vibe it gives off. Also, the pockets, pocket flaps and buttons aren't exactly the best thing for a curvy girl. I decided it was time for a change.
First I carefully trimmed off the funny looking button flaps on the shoulders. With those gone, I can transition this from summer to fall with a cardigan.
Next, I brought out my seam ripper and took off those pockets and flaps. Although there were still less faded portions under the removed pockets, the effect was a lot better than before.
Finally, I changed the buttons. I wanted to give this a more basic feel so I sewed some plain white ones on instead.
Here is an example outfit with two shoe options. Which one do you like better?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think or see pictures of anything you make from what you see here!