Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Dessert Dip Pin Test

Not the prettiest picture but it does show the hurtin' that me and two friends put on my latest concoction! We were invited Labor Day morning to come to a game night that evening and I was asked to bring dessert. The Hubs, Dida (that is what I will be referring to my daughter as from here on out) and I were at my parents house most of the day so we only had a short time at home before heading out again. I really didn't feel like baking so I was considering just picking up something on the way when I remembered this dip that I was going to do for Dida's first birthday party. I had tried it already and it was pretty good, just cream cheese and marshmallow fluff. Then I also remembered another dip that my friend had made for her son's birthday party that was incredible. I wondered if it really mattered all that much what went into the dip, and decided that it was probably not something that you could mess up. With that, White Chocolate Cheesecake Dip was born.

You need:
1 package of Cream Cheese
1/2 cup Marshmallow fluff
1/4 - 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
White Chocolate chips

Directions: Soften the cream cheese in the microwave. Stir in the brown sugar and marshmallow fluff. Put in the freezer for a few minutes to cool. Stir in the white chocolate chips. Make sure the dip is sufficiently cool before you add in the white chocolate chips or they will melt. Serve with graham crackers, animal crackers, vanilla waifers, fortune cookies, pretzels, fruit, etc.

I am convinced that you could use a multiplicity of ingredients and this would come out amazing! Just be sure to start with a base like cream cheese and sugar. Other things you could add in are:
Nutella
Nuts
Peanut Butter
Chocolate Chips
Butter Scotch chips
Cake/Brownie Mix
Coconut
Lemon Juice
Sprinkles
Chocolate/Caramel sauce
Cool Whip
Peppermints (at Christmas)
Pumpkin pie filling (at Thanksgiving)
Granola
Crushed up cookie
Dried fruit

Get creative! This is such an easy dessert to throw together at the last minute and a great way to use up things in your pantry! Leave a comment below with combinations that sound good to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think or see pictures of anything you make from what you see here!