Monday, February 4, 2013

Pillowcase Dress and Matching Scarf for Mommy!

I finally got the courage to sew for my daughter and made her a pillow case dress using this tutorial. The original piece was a too-big dress that I picked up for a dollar at a yard sale. I tried to alter it into a skirt for me but was unhappy with the result. The new dress is made from the skirt and the ties are made from the band that went around the top. When I finished, I still had some pieces left that I wanted to do something with.
I pieced them together, overlapping edges that I had ripped.
Then I sewed it all together, kind of going for a raw edge look.
I honestly was not that happy with the result . . .
 . . . but, being that it was only a scarf, it still looked cute on!
Sweater/Belt: Target
Shirt/Skirt: Thrifted
Shoes: Payless

I would defiantly make us matching stuff again, I will just plan ahead to have enough fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think or see pictures of anything you make from what you see here!