Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Felt Owl Ornament/Softie Pin Test

I have a cousin (the same one that took my daughter's birthday pictures) that loves owls. To thank her for taking the pictures, my Mom and I decided to send her a box of goodies and I wanted to make her an owl. I found a wonderful tutorial on-line for one and thus my "felting" phase began. I haven't posted it until now because we just sent her the box but now I can finally share my creations with you. I loved making them so much that I made one for her, one for me and then I enlarged it an made a big stuffed animal version for my daughter and another one to use as a baby gift. And then I turned it into a cat.
First one with button eyes.
This was my larger stuffed animal version
 My second one for me, second large stuffed animal for a baby gift and the cat. It has a tail on the back. My daughter loved her two. She kept walking around the house with them.
This is what I did on the back of the second one I made. This way you can hang it somewhere or wear it as a pin (or pin it to something). You can get the excellent tutorial and free pattern at Juicy Bits.

Would you wear a felt animal pin or hang one on your Christmas tree? Target is selling these little cuties:
Northern Horizons - $3 each, in store only

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think or see pictures of anything you make from what you see here!