Thursday, November 1, 2012

Baking Bacon

We are at a missions house for about 5 days this week and went to the store to buy a few groceries last night. We found out that the Dida really likes bacon (right now we are trying to get her to gain weight so we are feeding her things that I might not feed a one year old other wise) and I was wanting to purchase the already cooked kind. I didn't want to spend the money on it though because you can get so much more raw for the same price, but I've never been good at cooking bacon, at least not without burning myself. The hubs, always resourceful, said that he would take on the task. We purchased the best looking cheap stuff that was a thick cut. He wanted to try it in the oven. Turns out to be my favorite method yet!
Here are his instructions:
1. Lay your bacon out on a cookie sheet as flat as you can - you may want to line the pan with foil
2. Set the oven to 350
3. Stick you bacon in to bake, he didn't wait for it to pre-heat
4. After about 20 minutes check for done-ness and bake more as needed
Turned out great and now I have pre-cooked bacon for the rest of our stay!

Update: The best way to reheat bacon cooked this way is to make a little packet out of foil and lay the bacon down in a single layer and pop it back in the oven. No mess and came out better than the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think or see pictures of anything you make from what you see here!