Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Fabric Flower Necklace



You need:
Fabric
Ribbon
Felt
Needle and Thread
Hot Glue Gun
Scissors
Beads, Gems or Buttons for center (optional)

I have had this tutorial in my stash since before Christmas, as I intended it as a possible gift, but I never got around to making more than the first one. I saw the above Pin on Pinterest and fell in love. I knew that it would be a very simple DIY with endless possibilities for customization. Finding out that it was from Anthropologie was just icing on the cake! To start, I made several flowers, two in each size using these directions. I ended having to make two extra because my original 5 were too big. I would go smaller than you think at first, as you can always go bigger. Then I arranged them on the corner of a piece of felt and glued them down.

 Next, I trimmed the excess felt off. Then I glued on some ribbon to the corners and topped it with a small square of felt for extra security. Play around with the angle of your ribbon before gluing it down so you know it will lay right.
Done! I didn't have a good outfit to model it with at the time, but once I am home, I think this will be an adorable accessory for summer! Also, if your ribbon is long enough then you can raise or lower it to look right with your neckline.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think or see pictures of anything you make from what you see here!