Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Kohl's Convert

If you had asked me a few months ago if I liked or shopped at Kohl's I would have said, "Not really". Every time I had been in there in the last few years I couldn't find any good deals. Everything seemed so expensive! I had bought a few things there in the past but it was not on my top list of stores! Then I was sweetly given an amazing amount of gift cards for Kohl's. A church had a "Christmas" for us and a lot of what we were given was gift cards. I kept laughing as I opened yet another Kohl's gift card. I thought, "I guess I'll have to learn to like Kohl's!" Well, the first thing I did was sign up for the store e-mails. They sent me a $5 off coupon just for signing up! That got me started on the right foot with them. Then, as I started to watch the e-mails I noticed that there were cycles in which you could earn "Kohl's Cash". You could get $10 for every $50 you spend. Armed with my $5 coupon and my gift cards I decided to give it a try. My plan was to get as close to spending $105.00 as possible. I had a long list of things to look for (baby shower gifts, 4-5T clothes for my daughter, some Maternity basics, shoes, etc.) so it wasn't much of a problem. The good news was, however, that everything was on some kind of sale as well! Nothing I picked up was over $10, except a pair of shoes that I fell in love with and those were a whopping $15. Before I could get the to register though I was approached with yet another deal. Did I want to open a Kohl's charge card and save another 20% on everything? I explained that I planned to pay with gift cards and although I didn't mind applying, could I still use my gift cards with the 20% off today? She said that would be fine and started getting my information while I set about figuring out how to spend my extra $20 (20% off of my planned $100). I literally felt like one of those extreme couponers! When I got to the register I had done my math the best I could and just hoped everything would work out. I used the $5 off coupon for a couple of small things and paid about $1. Then I piled everything else on and watched my tally go up. My total after coupons and discounts? $101.00! And I walked away with $20 Kohl's cash to come back and spend the next week! Here's a few of the things I got:
Everything on the bed is from Kohl's (not all the same trip) except the pink dresses on the bottom left and right corners (which are form Target)
I was super excited to get some matching things for my two girls! Some of those clothes cost as little as $2.40! I also got 3 t shirts and 3 maternity undershirts for myself as well as those adorable new sandals, a pair of earings and a few gifts! Something else great? You can also use your Kohl's cash with other coupons and someone told me that they will even take expired Kohl's cash (although I'm a little afraid to try it). I guess you could say I'm a Kohl's fan now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think or see pictures of anything you make from what you see here!